Friday, July 25th, 2008:
- routed the purfling ledges on the top (BWB/BWB) and the back (BWB)
- spent a little time fine-tuning the purfling ledge on the upper bout of the non-cutaway side of the back (it was a little shallow and sometimes a little wide)
- bent the non-cutaway side bindings in the bender, and later checked them for fit (they fit fine!)
- chiseled out the slot for the curly koa end graft, fit the graft, and glued it in
- extended the end graft into both binding slots by the width of the side purfling
- mitered the end graft purflings
Here are the photos!!!
Return to HOME PAGE
- A Little Detour....A Tour of My Workroom!!!
- Joining the Top
- Starting to Bend
- Bending, Day 2
- Bending, Day 3
- Neck Block, Center Strip, Cutaway!
- Bracing the Back, Gluing in the Blocks
- Shape Back Braces, Glue Neck Block, Make Spreaders
- Spreader, Rim, Kerfing
- Rim-Sanding, Brace-Shaping, Go-Bar Modification, & Obon!!!
- Side Strips & Rosette
- Beginning the Top Bracing
- Bracing, Continued...
- Gluing the Back
- Gluing the Top
- Trimming the Overhang
- Routing for Binding : Day 1
- Routing for Binding : Day 2
- Fitting & Gluing the Bindings
- The Soundbox is Done!!!
- Truss Rod Slot, Peghead Veneer
Peghead, Start Heel
- Threaded Inserts, Neck Trimmed
- Fitting the Neck!!!
- Truss Rod Cavity, Heel Cap, Fingerboard Trimmed
- Finishing and Gluing the Fingerboard / Peghead Inlay
- Carving the Neck
- I Feel Good....The Basic Building is Done!!! (Now on to the Finishing....)
- Finish Coats
- Finishing the Finish!!!
- Gluing the Bridge
- It's All Done!!!