Tuesday, July 10th, 2012:
I didn't take any photos yesterday, but I did work on the uke --- I bent and glued all the back bindings. Then, late last night, I removed the tape from the bindings, to let it air-cure overnight.
This morning, I first dealt with a slight gap I had on one side of the waist area on the back. What I did first was to make a couple of waist cauls. Then, I slipped some Titebond into the gap and applied a long Jorgensen clamp to the cauls at the waist. Next, using a heat gun on a low setting, I heated up the area of the gap until I saw the glue start bubbling. When I saw that, I slowly tightened the clamp until the gap was gone. I let it sit for a while, and, once it cooled down, I removed the clamp. It worked! No more gap!
The next task was to scrape down all the bindings. That took a while (probably an hour or so).
Finally, I bent and glued the shallow bindings on the harpbox peghead. This proved to be a little difficult, as the short curved section kept breaking on me! But finally I got it done, and it's all taped up now. We'll see how it looks tomorrow.
SO....here are a bunch of photos of how it is all looking now.