Sunday, June 17th, 2012:
Today after church, and after playing a few games of "Words with Friends" with my sister and nephew, I got around to cutting out the braces for the top and back. Would you believe that it took close to 4 hours (!!!) just to measure and cut all the braces you see in the photo below???? Actually, it involved a bit of work --- the braces are all different widths and heights, so a lot of time was spent at the bandsaw and thickness sander, before finally cutting them to length.
Anyway, they're all done now, so tomorrow I'll start the actual gluing of the braces. Stay tuned.
Monday, June 18th, 2012:
Okay, so today after doing some errands, I got around to gluing the 25' radiused braces on the top. First, I sanded the radius on the bottom of the braces. Next, I trimmed the ends to their proper lengths and angles. Finally, I notched the bottoms of the two left tone bars, to fit over the bridge patch. After all that was finished, I glued them all at once laid on top of the radius dish, in the go-bar deck, using a variety of scraps as clamping cauls atop the braces.
Tomorrow, I'll glue the back braces in the go-bar deck, at the same time as I glue the remaining flat braces on the top.