It's Finished!!!

Still Friday, January 18th, 2013, in the evening:

Well, it is all finished now!!! Here's what I did this afternoon:

First, I fit the saddle to the 3/32" slot. About 2/3 of it is sitting below the top of the bridge, and about 1/8" sits above. This makes the strings about 1/2" above the soundboard, which is what I wanted.





Here I have strung up the guitar.


Here is a shot of the peghead and tuners. You might notice that I have wound the 6th and 1st strings in the reverse direction from normal. This is because, had I wound them in the normal direction, there would be too sharp of an angle at the nut, and a possibility of the string breaking. Winding the string in the opposite direction gives a straighter string line.


Here's a shot of the guitar after it has been strung up.


And, finally, a quick little video I made today:










Return to HOME PAGE

  1. Finishing the Mold
  2. Top and Back Plates, Fingerboard and BridgeWood
  3. The Top: The Rosette
  4. Bracing: Days 1 & 2
  5. Bracing: Days 3 & 4
  6. Sides
  7. The Peghead
  8. Kerfing
  9. Side Braces, Fingerboard
  10. Completing the Box
  11. Preparing for Binding
  12. It's Binding Time!!!
  13. Continuing the Binding
  14. Making the Bridge
  15. Nut Slot, Endpin Jack Hole, Brushes & Z-poxy
  16. On to the Finish!!!
  17. Rubbing Out, Polishing, and Fingerboard
  18. Bridge, Pickup, and Set-up!!!
  19. It's Finished!!!