Wednesday, July 25, 2007:

Today I cut the soundhole, routing through both the top and the soundhole reinforcement "donut".







Return to HOME PAGE


Then I spent a couple of hours or so cutting out my braces for the top. I'm using Adirondack spruce for the bracing. Here is the basic layout for the braces. The Torres plan I have didn't call for a bridge pad, but I'm going to put one in anyway.


Thursday, July 26th, 2007:

After scouring the Web (mainly the MIMF and Official Luthiers Forum sites), I finally decided how to go about bracing my classical. I will use the 25' radius dish for the bracing from the cross brace just below the soundhole on down, and will glue the braces above that flat. I will use my 15' radius dish for gluing on the back braces.

So, the first thing I did today was to glue on my bridge pad, using my go-bar deck:

Previous Page