TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Return to AMATEUR LUTHIER HOME PAGE
- The Idea. A Violin Hanger, A Jar Holder, The Gelatin Sealer Coat, UV Light, The Antiquing Stain, Two Primer Clear Varnish Coats, The First Color Coat
- Before and After the First Color Coat, Second Color Coat, Streaks!!!, A Tiny Hack,Third Coat Color Changes, Fourth Color Coat
- 5th and 6th Color Coats, Color Changes (again), Wouldn't Ya Know It (Varnishing Learnings), Blowin' in the Wind, 7th Color Coat, 8th Color Coat, Two Clear Coats, Rubbing Out the Finish
- Top and Back Are Rubbed Out, French-Polishing the Top and Back, Validation, Painting the F-Hole Edges and Inside of Pegbox, Final Polishing with Novus #2, Gluing on Fingerboard, Tuner Peg/Soundpost Jig, Tuner Pegs,
- Nut and Fingerboard Finishing, Preparing for the Soundpost, Soundpost Setting, Bridge Shaping, Final Installation of all the Fittings and Strings!!!