TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Return to AMATEUR LUTHIER HOME PAGE
- Sharpening Chisels and Gouges
- The Top and Back Plates - Beginning the Carving of the Top
- The Top Purfling Shelf / Rough Arching of the Top / Using Fingerplanes to Further Carve the Top / Scraping the Top Arch / Routing the Purfling Ledge on the Maple Back / Carving the Arches on the Maple Back
- Why Didn't I Think of That??? / Upper & Lower Bouts Rough-Carved / Outside of Maple Back Finally Carved and Scraped / Establishing Final Edge Thickness on the Back / Blending Purfling Ledge into Arch / Marking the 3mm Edge / TWO EXCELLENT VIOLIN-MAKING YOUTUBE SERIES / Smoothing the Edges
- Purfling Channel Test Routing / Routing the Purfling Channel in the Top / Cutting Corners / Gluing in the Purfling / Purfling the Maple Back
- More Purfling / Fluting the Edges / Linings (including a video on Bending, Fitting, and Gluing the Linings onto the Rims / Indexing Pins
- Marking Thickness Depths on Back and Top / Trimming Blocks and Chamfering Linings / Preparing to Hollow the Plates / Drilling the Depth Holes in the Maple Back Plate / Drilling Depth Holes in the Spruce Top / Setting Up the Hollowing Cradle / Starting to Hollow Out the Spruce Plate / Tap Tones! / Second Hollow-Carving Session / OOPS! / Drilling Holes in the Eyes
- A New Old Scraper & Marking Graduations / The Top is Hollowed Out (FINALLY) / The F-Holes / Cutting the Neck Mortise / Visualization
- The Bass Bar / Beginning the Hollowing of the Maple Back / Fish Glue! / Finger Planes
- Finger Protection / Carving the Bass Bar / Audacity! / Plate Tuning the Back / SUCCESS!!!
- Gluing the Top to the Rims / Half-a-Corpus!!! / The Label / Gluing the Back to the Rims / The Unveiling!!!
- Carving the Scroll
- Continuing the Scroll
- Finishing the Scroll / Before & After / The Saddle / The Heel / Fingerboard
- Unboxing / Shellac Prep / Procrastination / Neck Carving Begun / More Shellac Prep
- More Neck Carving / Shellac Testing / Finishing the Neck Carving / Gluing in the Neck / The Neck is Glued!!! / Carving the Heel Button
- Tuner Pegs / Finishing Decision / The Nut
- Finish-Sanding / Ready to Begin French-Polishing!! / French Polishing
- Body Sessions #2 (After the Level-Sanding / Wet-Sanding / The Final Three Sessions Begun! / Waiting... / Final Polishing / Fingerboard Glued
- The Soundpost / Fitting the Bridge Feet / Bridge Height / Stringing Her Up!! / Future Plans!
- Carving the Bridge / Pegs and Nut and Assorted Other Things... / A Second Stringing Up!! / Parchment / My Violin Played by Gene Huang!!!, Sophie's Choice