Gluing the Fingerboard

 July 25th...After shaping the corner fillers, and putting in the side dots on the fingerboard (I used the black spines of a hairbrush), I was ready to glue the fingerboard onto the neck. Once again, I put a couple of staples into the neck surface, used an end nipper to cut the staples off, leaving tiny stubs of staple in the neck surface, and pressed the fingerboard into position. I glued the fingerboard onto the neck. After about an hour, I removed the clamps and trimmed the sides of the neck flush to the sides of the fingerboard.

Next will be the final sanding of the mandolin before finishing. I plan to try to hand-apply a sunburst finish, so I think I will play around with analine dyes on some scrap wood first.